Your Cart Is Empty
Select a category
Why wait till you get to the beach to have Shrimp and Grits? We've devoloped the wonderful quick and easy 30 minute meal for your family of four.
Net wt. 11 oz. (311.8 g)
Ingredients: Stone ground grits, Butter buds, Salt, Onion granules, Chicken bouillon, Natural bacon flavoring, Garlic granules, Worcestershire blend (vinegar, sugar, salt, tomato, apple, onion, garlic, yeast, vanilla, maltodextrin, and spices), Paprika sweet spanish, Black pepper, Cayenne pepper, Natural lemon flavoring.
Shrimp and Grits recipe
Total time to prepare - 40 min (30 cooking / 10 prep)
Additional items you will need:
1. 16-24 medium/large uncooked deveined tails on shrimp. (4-6 per person)
2. 1 -14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
3. 8 oz of freshly sliced white mushrooms (optional if you like mushrooms)
4. 8 oz pack of Havarti cheese or cheese of your liking (optional if you like cheese in your grits)
It will take approximately 15 min. to cook the shrimp and sauce, and 30 min. for the SCF grits, so start cooking the grits first and you will be enjoying it all together.
Cooking the SCF Cheese Grits:
1. Open the SCF Shrimp Mix canister and remove the Spice Mix pack and set aside.
2. In a large pot add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
3. Add the grits to the boiling water. Cook additional 2 minutes on high while stirring to avoid sticking.
4. Reduce heat to Low and continue to cook for a total of 25 min., stirring every 2-3 minutes so not to
stick or clump.
5. After cooking for 25 min. add cheese if you choice and cook another 5 min. till cheese has
completely melted, the grits are ready to serve
Cooking the Shrimp:
1. Place all the shrimp evenly spaced on a plate.
2. Open the Spice Mix packet and sprinkle the mix on each side of shrimp; be sure to only use about
1/2 of the Spice Mix.
3. In a large skillet, add 1/3 cup of water, sliced mushrooms if you choice, can of petite diced
tomatoes and the remaining spice mix. Bring all ingredients to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to Med and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes stirring occasionally or until
the liquid is reduced by one half.
5. Add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook the shrimp till they turn white. Approximately 1-2 minutes on
Best to serve in a large shallow bowl. Ladle approximately 1/4 of the grits into your serving dish, add 4-6 shrimp in center of grits and spread some of the sauce from the skillet on and around the shrimp.