Your Cart Is Empty
Select a category
The great choice of every southerner loves our grits and beef! An easy meal your family will continually enjoy each and every time.
Net wt. 11 oz. (311.8 g)
Ingredients: Stone ground grits, Butter buds, Salt, Onion granules, Chicken bouillon, Worcestershire blend (vinegar, sugar, salt, tomato, apple, onion, garlic, yeast, vanilla, maltodextrin, and spices), Garlic granules, Paprika sweet spanish, Natural bacon flavoring, Black pepper.
Beef and Grits Crock Pot recipe
Total time to prepare 6-8 hours in a Crock Pot
Additional items you will need:
1. 2-3 lb Pot Roast and/or Chuck Roast
2. 1 - 14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
3. 8 oz of freshly sliced white mushrooms (optional if you like mushrooms)
4. 8 oz pack of Havarti cheese or cheese of your liking (optional, if you like cheese in your grits)
It will take approximately 6-8 hours to cook the beef in the crock pot and 30 min. for the SCF grits.
Cooking the Beef:
1. Open the SCF Beef Mix canister and remove the Spice Mix pack and set grits aside.
2. Open the Spice Mix packet and sprinkle the mix on each side of the beef; be sure to only use about 1/2 of the Spice Mix.
3. In the cock pot add the can of petite diced tomatoes, the remaining spice mix, the mushroom if you choice, and stir.
4. Place meat into the crock pot, cover and cook 6-8 hours on low or until meat is fork tender.
Cooking the SCF Grits:
1. In a large pot add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
2. Add the grits to the boiling water. Cook additional 2 minutes on high while stirring to avoid sticking.
3. Reduce heat to Low and continue to cook for a total of 25 min., stirring every 2-3 minutes so not to stick or clump.
4. After cooking for 25 min. add cheese if you choice and cook another 5 min. till cheese has completely melted. Ready to serve
Best to serve in a large shallow bowl. Ladle approximately 1/4 of the grits into your serving dish, add a serving of beef to the center of grits and spread some of the sauce from the crock pot on and around the beef.