Cornish Hens in Raspberry Jalapeno Marinade
Cornish game hens are marinated in a mixture of raspberry vinegar, Chardonnay wine, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, sage and Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- 3/4 cup Raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Sage, coarsely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Cornish game hens, 22 oz. each
- Rinse whole hens and pat dry. Split in half lengthwise, cutting all the way through with a heavy, sharp knife. Marinate 1-3 hours.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for approximately 25 minutes, turning and basting twice during cooking.
- Garnish with sprigs of rosemary and fresh raspberries.
Product used in this recipe:
One of Zack's favorite sauces! A unique combination of two culinary treasures form a sweet, tangy heat you're sure to love. Mix with vinegar & oil for a vinaigrette that really shows that salad who's boss! For flavor that's out of this world, use as a meat glaze on chicken breast, pork chops, roasts, and lamb. Pour over cream cheese for a great cracker hors d'oeuvre. Need a quick and easy to die for desert? Just pour a little on top of a piece of cheesecake or ice cream. A great ending to any dinner party with little effort!