Duck and Arugula Blackberry Salad
This refreshing salad includes duck breast, sage, arugula greens, red onion, mandarin oranges and our Zack's Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 2 Duck breasts, fat removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Zack's Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 tsp. Sage, minced
- 1 cup Olive oil
- Arugula greens
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Mandarin oranges
- Season duck breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet and sear duck breasts on both sides. Finish cooking duck in a 400 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- While duck is cooking, whisk together the Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce and sage in a medium mixing bowl. Continue to whisk and slowly drizzle olive oil into mixture to form vinaigrette dressing.
- Arrange arugula greens on individual serving plates. Top greens with red onion and mandarin oranges. Remove duck from oven and allow to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Cut duck breast on bias (diagonal) into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on top of arugula in a fan shape. Drizzle blackberry vinaigrette over the duck breast and green.