Couscous Salad And Grilled Peaches
This tasty couscous salad features our Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 4 Peaches, fresh
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Honey for garnish
- Slice peaches in half and remove pit. Then slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. (Should yield about 4 slices per peach). Brush each side of peach with a little vegetable oil. Season with salt on each side.
- Grill peaches on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes per side or use a pannini grill. Remove peaches from grill and set aside to cool.
- Bring water and butter to a boil and then add couscous. Cover, remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add raisins, walnuts, olive oil and Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- To serve, place a peach slice on a plate. Scoop out couscous salad with an ice cream scoop and place on top of grilled peach slice. Drizzle plate with some honey to garnish. Yields 16 peach appetizers