Fried Stuffed Habanero Olives
Olives are stuffed with a mixture of goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and our sinful Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 24-36 large Green or black olives
- 2 oz. Goat cheese
- 2 oz. Cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 2 Eggs
- Panko or regular breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- Oil for deep frying
- Pit all the large olives using an olive pitter. Mix together the goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic, Habanero Pepper Jelly, salt and pepper. Place cheese mixture in a piping bag and fill the inside of each olive. Dip stuffed olives in flour and coat evenly. Shake off excess flour.
- Make egg wash by whisking eggs in bowl with 1 teaspoon water. Dip floured olives in egg wash to coat evenly. Roll the olives in breadcrumbs to completely coat. Repeat dipping eggs in egg wash and breadcrumbs to double coat the olives.
- Fry olives in deep fryer set at 375 degrees F for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy.