Raspberry Jalapeno Twist
A great dish featuring crescent rolls, sugar, butter, milk, almonds and Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 16 oz. Refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/2 cup Confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or margarine, softened
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/3 cup Almonds, toasted, slivered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll crescent dough from each package. Make 4 rectangles from each package of dough (total of 8 rectangles). Stack 5 rectangles to make a block of dough about 1 inch thick, and cut the block lengthwise into 7 even stripes. Stack remaining 3 rectangles and set aside.
- Place one strip on an ungreased 15 1/2 x 12 inch cookie sheet. Twist strip into an "S" shape. Repeat with remaining 6 strips so they touch to form a flat twist about 12 inches long. Cut remaining block of dough crosswise into 8 strips. Twist each into an "S" (these are smaller). Place these on top of the first layer in a single row down the middle.
- Spaces should look covered on the lower row. Spoon 2 teaspoons Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce between each "S" on the top row.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Twist should look golden brown when finished.
- Combine sugar, butter or margarine and milk. Mix until smooth. Drizzle this icing over the hot twist when it comes from the oven. Sprinkle toasted almonds over icing. Serve warm. Serves 8.