Raspberry Jalapeno Chocolate Squares
Lovely chocolate squares are made irresistible with the inclusion of our Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
- 2 oz. Chocolate, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp. Instant coffee
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 6 Tbsp. Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted, melted
- Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Fresh raspberries
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For brownie layer: Combine 1/4 cup butter, chocolate and coffee in a small sauce pan and melt over low heat. Cook and reserve. In electric mixer bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup butter and sugar. Beat to combine. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat just until incorporated. Add the melted chocolate and flour. Pour batter in a greased 9 inch square baking dish. Bake for 12 minutes.
- For raspberry layer: In a small bowl, combine the fresh raspberries, walnuts and flour. For top layer: Combine brown sugar, flour, cocoa, vanilla, eggs and melted butter in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Remove brownie layer from oven and distribute the raspberries and walnuts over the top. Drizzle the top layer over raspberries. Return to oven and bake another 20-30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce on a dessert plate, place a raspberry square on top of sauce and garnish with fresh raspberries.