Scrumptious Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A wonderful chicken recipe that includes a mixture of broccoli, cheddar cheese and Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 3-4 Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Broccoli, diced small
- 3/4 cup Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly
- 1/2 cream cheese brick
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- Flour for dredging
- 3 Eggs
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut a slit in one end of chicken breast and work down paring knife inside to form a pocket inside chicken breast. Enlarge pocket with fingertips if needed. Season inside with salt and pepper.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Remove and drain completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Habanero Pepper Jelly, cream cheese, broccoli, cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon flour. Stuff each chicken breast with about 2-3 tablespoons of the pepper mixture.
- Season outside of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, and then dredge in flour and shake off excess. Dip the floured chicken breasts in egg wash (3 eggs beaten with a little water). Finally, coat the chicken breast with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large frying pan and fry chicken breast until lightly browned on each side.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for an additional 18-20 minutes