Blackberry Jalapeno Marinated Pork Loin
Pork loin is marinated in our Zack's Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce for a taste you won't want to live without.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 3 lbs. Pork loin roast, boneless
- 1 jar Zack's Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 Green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Dry sherry
- 2 Red bell peppers, roasted
- 2 Green bell peppers, roasted
- Remove strings from pork roast; place pork roast in a large plastic bag. Pour 1/2 cup Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce over roast, close bag, shake to coat on all sides of pork. Place the bag in the refrigerator and marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer pork to a rack in a roasting pan. Spoon marinade over the roast. Roast, basing frequently with pan juices, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F or about 1 1/2-1 3/4 hours.
- Remove from pan. Refrigerate overnight. Re-warm in 300 degrees F oven for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, dry sherry and remaining Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce. Simmer until hot, about 5 minutes. Slice roast into 1/4 inch thick slices. Serve pork warm or at room temperature with sauce and roasted red and green peppers on rye bread slices.
- To roast peppers, place peppers on foil lined baking sheet. Place under broiler. Turn often until blackened on all sides. Remove from oven. Let sit 10-15 minutes to cool. Peel peppers; halve; remove stem and seeds. Lay halves flat and use knife to scrape away any black bits of skin. Slice into strips.