Cornish Hens in Raspberry Jalapeno Marinade
Cornish game hens are marinated in a mixture of raspberry vinegar, Chardonnay wine, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, sage and Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- 3/4 cup Raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Sage, coarsely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Cornish game hens, 22 oz. each
- Rinse whole hens and pat dry. Split in half lengthwise, cutting all the way through with a heavy, sharp knife. Marinate 1-3 hours.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for approximately 25 minutes, turning and basting twice during cooking.
- Garnish with sprigs of rosemary and fresh raspberries.