Delicious Greens with Stilton and Zesty Walnuts
This tasty salad features a dressing containing our Zack's Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 2 Tbsp. Zack's Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 6 Tbsp. Walnut oil
- 6 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Thyme leaves, fresh
- 8 cups Field greens
- 4 oz. Shallots, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/3 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Asian chili paste
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 8 oz. Walnuts
- Dressing: In a small bowl whisk Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add oils in slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Stir in thyme. Chill several hours.
- Salad: In large salad bowl combine field greens and shallots. Pour dressing over, toss to coat. Sprinkle stilton and spice walnuts over and serve.
- Spicy Walnuts: In medium bowl combine chili paste and sugar, set aside. Spread walnuts on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden and hot. Spoon hot walnuts into sugar mixture. Toss to coat. Remove sugar. Cool - set aside